2011년 11월 22일 화요일

#8-3. Life Lesson: Use Short Times in Balance

Use Short Times in Balance


Last Sunday evening, me and my friend Yoosun were busily writing first draft for Minjok Herald articles. When I asked her what she was writing about, she answered it is related to time management. According to Yoosun’s calculation, KMLA students spend every three hours a day, from ten minutes of breaktime between classes, few minutes between lunch and afternoon classes, honjung time… All the time summed up, it’s three hours a day, twenty-one hours a week, ninety hours a month. We spend forty-five days a year without a blink or qualm. 
Unbelievable! That was my first impression. Yes, I admit I spend short times inattentively, facebooking, kmlaonline-ing, or just lying on the bed and chatting with roommates. But I never guessed these times combined together could be enough time to write a whole essay. I, mad at myself, decided to glue Different Seasons on my palm so I can read it whenever I have a short break.

Then I stopped and questioned myself, “Wait, is it the best way?” On the Chicken Day, when all my roommates gather, eat and merrily chat together, would I just shut up and keep reading The Body? When other students think about what kind of club activity or volunteer services to do, should I stubbornly continue studying English? Definitely not. What I need is balance. Balance between studying, spending good times with friends, thinking about my vision, balance that would help me to keep those little times in most efficient and helpful way. It would certainly require a lot of effort to keep this in mind and try to act, still defending one-eighth of a day from languid waste – it’s worth a try.

Promise to Myself On My Diary


댓글 1개:

  1. Nice post. The Body is only a 150 pages, which could probably be read on a Sunday afternoon at home. At the very least, you could read 30 pages on the bus, and another 30 pages coming back. Halfway to the finish line?

    I think reading little bits and pieces at a time is okay for things like Word Smart and factual studying, but to get into a story you need quality reading time - the same kind you gave to Cuckoo's Nest - which (I might add) is not a part of this course.: )

    답글삭제